Friday, June 20, 2008

Family History, I Am Doing It........

I really don't have much to blog about today. Life has been fairly calm, which is alright with me. It has given me a chance to start working on family history again. I have to thank Becky for getting me re-inspired. Unfortunately, my children seem to get neglected while I am digging up names. For those of you who have never entered the realm of family history, it is soooooo addictive. Especially now that I have access to ancestry.com again I can do it for hours. Right now I am working on Mark's mothers line and I am hitting major snags. I am only back to about 1850, and things are a mess and there is very limited information. HELP!


Everyone is getting excited for our little jaunt out to Utah. The kids and I did some shopping today for some road trip supplies. I had to buy a new cooler, and if you want to know what happened to our old one....just know that story involves Mark and shrimping. That should say enough! Anyway, we are excited to see everyone and to celebrate all the fun stuff that will be happening while we are there. Wish us luck with 4 kids on a 2100 mile road trip!

7 comments:

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Thanks for doing so much family history work, Jules! What name did you get to? I've got some names-- ones I've gathered from Mammy and from familysearch.org, but I can't remember exactly how far I got. We'll talk later!

btw... coolers and shrimp= eeww!

Andrea said...

I totally agree! I love family history. I took a class with my friend, because her uncle taught it, down in Ephraim and I had a ball! I wish I had the same time and resources I did then. look forward to seeing you too!

Struthers Family said...

Fun. This is Rachel. We are making our blog private. I don't know if you ever check up on it but I need your e-mail. If you could please?!?!

Shawn and Mish said...

Have so much fun on your trip. I am headed to Cola this week. Once again, I am going to just miss seeing you. Darn. Sometime we'll have to get a little more organized about it. love ya!

Jon and Laura said...

I hope that you whip out the cassette tape of Oklahoma. What would a long road trip be without it? :) I am soooooooooooooo excited to see you! I wish you were here already. Love you, and good luck with the kids on the long journey out here. (maybe along with those treats you are buying you should pick up soe sedatives for the kdis too) :)

Jon and Laura said...

how do you like all of my typing problems in the last comment? I'm in a hurry! :)

Struthers Family said...

Happy (late) Birthday!!!!
Love ya.
Rachel