Monday, June 9, 2008

Change, growing up, and the like

It's funny where life finds you sometimes. Just when you think you've got everything figured out, something inevitably changes. And I have found that change is one of the few constant things in life. Mark and I had tentatively planned on him finishing his Master's degree next March and then finding a job out West and let them pay for his PhD. Our second choice was to stay here and just barrel right through his PhD. Now, a random change of subject........I don't often feel very grown-up. In fact, I usually don't feel much older than my YW at church even though I will be 30 this year. I still can't say I feel OLDER, but lately I have been feeling a lot more grown up. The Lord has a way of helping us grow and change in unexpected ways. Now to tie all of these thoughts together; here is a picture of our ward's new 29 year-old bishop.........

7 comments:

Middletonfamily said...

Wow Julia that is crazy. If anyone could do it with the Lord you guys could! Love ya your in my prayers!

Unknown said...

My condolences, Julia, on becoming a Bishopric Widow. But, cool nonetheless. My prayers (as always) will be with y'all.

Shawn and Mish said...

Pardon me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! That's so awesome! I can believe though. Wow. Good luck. I guess you'll be sticking around in the South a while longer. I have no objections! I love you guys!!

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Mark, I know you'll do great. Julia, I think this new calling definitely necessitates some getaway trips to NC (either when Mark needs to get away or when you do!).

Jon and Laura said...

I think with this new calling you should try it out for a few months, and if you don't like it, move to Utah! :)

Andrea said...

WOW~ Itotally agree with Laura though. I guess this is God's way of making up your mind for you eh?

Unknown said...

JULIA;
I THOUGHT I WAS SHOCKED WHEN MARK GOT CALLED AS STAKE PRESIDENT; BUT I WAS REALLY SHOCKED THIS TIME. I KNOW THAT MARK WILL DO WELL' WELCOME TO THE STAKE AND BISHOPHRIC WIDOWS CLUB. HOWEVER; I KNOW ALL THE TRICKS TO THE TRADE; REMEMBER I HAVE BEEN IN THIS FOR A WHILE. THE TRICK IS TO GO SHOP WHEN YOU GET LONELY OR COME SEE ME AND WE WILL SHOP TOGETHER OR MAYBE MAKE THAT TRIP TO NC TO LOLAS'S AND WE WILL ALL THREE SHOP TOGETHER!!!
I SURE LOVE YOU AND KNOW THAT OUR DEAR SON COULD HAVE NEVER BEEN CALLED BISHOP WITH OUT THE SUPPORT OF A GOOD WIFE. I HAVE SEEN YOU BECOMING PREPARED FOR THIS TIME AND THANK YOU FOR BEING THE LOVELY PERSON AND DAUGHTER IN LAW THAT YOU ARE. YOU & MARK WILL DO GREAT!