Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

Jacob (in yellow) dancing with his class at their musical program

Mark and Daniel power-washing our house

McKenna at field day Kaitlyn watching McKenna--she prefers the basket to the actual seat.
Glad we spent all that extra money on a double stroller! :)
Mark with Sam
Joseph after he found the bag of oreo's.


We had a busy weekend as usual, but filled with different things for a change. McKenna doesn't get out of school until next Friday, but her field day was this past Friday. Mark and I and Katy and Joseph were able to go and watch. She was really glad we were able to come, especially because there were probably only about a dozen other parents there from the entire K-2 grades. Anyway, McKenna had a blast and is really excited for the last day of school when they have the water slide party! Later that same evening, we all went for a light dinner at a ward member's home. The kids had wanted to stay for a while, but I had promised Miss Sheri (Jacob's teacher and another ward member) that we would puppy-sit for her. I was trying to use this puppy as a tool to convince Mark that he doesn't want a dog and they are a lot of hard work. He grew up with yellow labs (which is what this puppy was) and is dying to get one for the kids. Well my plan backfired--the dog was a complete angel and Mark didn't even have to get up in the middle of the night to take her out. He still wants a dog!

We worked outside ALL day on Saturday. We mowed, weeded, cleaned up, watered and even power-washed our house and our neighbors house. Our neighbor Daniel rented the power-washer and he and Mark scrubbed the house down to keep that blasted HOA happy. In between all that we managed to help a member family unload 2 truckloads of their stuff into their new home not 2 miles from here. They have a daughter who is McKenna's age so they are both thrilled about that. It's nice to have members of the church living close. (Please no derogatory remarks from you folks in Utah.)

Mark and I were crazy busy at church on Sunday as we both had to teach--Mark to the Elders and High Priests and me to the YW and still had to watch Joseph because he won't go to anyone. I even had to leave in the middle of my lesson to wipe Kaitlyn's behind because there is only 1 nursery leader and she couldn't leave the other kids. Craziness! Then Mark went out with the missionaries for a couple of hours and when they got back I fed them a roast and we then took the leftovers to my in-laws house. I will have to say that one of the things I love the most about living here is the fact that I get to have the missionaries in my home A LOT! I remember only having them once or twice growing up in Utah, so we really enjoy having them over now.
The best part of the weekend for me though was Miss Sheri telling me she is going to teach again in the fall!!!!! For those of you I have whined to about Jacob and school, you understand just how wonderful that is. For those of you who have no clue what i'm talking about--just know that it is an answer to a prayer!

6 comments:

Shawn and Mish said...

How nice to have members near by. There are 2 other fams in my apt, another family about 3 minutes away, and then all the rest of my friends are between 10 and 20 minutes away. It was much easier in SC, that's for sure. This is eye-opening, challenging and fun. It's fun to see your kiddos. I wish I could buzz down to visit before you leave.

Jon and Laura said...

Well I guess Jacob didn't get shy at the program, he totally looks like he is in to it big time. I absolutely was cracking up at every picture. How funny is Kaitlyn? Your mom in law is right, she does have her own "agenda" I love her! Your fam is way too cute, and growing up so fast. I am so anxious to see you in ONE MONTH, HORRAY!!!! I want to hold little Joseph.
p.s. you better get crackin' on book 6 :)

Jon and Laura said...

One more thing.....DON'T GET A DOG! You know you will wish you hadn't if you do! You know I'm right Mark! Plus the poor little guy will just get abused at your house. Can't you see Katy and Joseph attacking non stop and riding on its back like it is a horse? That idea has disaster written all over it. :)

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Julia-- Don't listen to Laura (in this instance)! A dog will be fun! Yeh, the kids will try ride it, but look on the bright side... you won't have to buy them a pony!

I loved your pictures. I can feel the motivation rising again to update my blog... thanks!

P.S. Laura, I still love you!

Andrea said...

so i guess I might not even need a stroller for my baby right? a shopping cart might do the trick!

Jon and Laura said...

Lora,
Dogs are for people who also love "crap soup." Trust me, Julia should not get a dog! :)
p.s. I still love you too!