Well it's a good thing that I didn't make "more blogging" a new year's resolution of mine or I would be in serious trouble. See, I did it again and let another whole month slip right by me. There really isn't a whole lot to say about January. We stayed busy as usual with church and school and kids. The babies seem to be doing great and are the average size of a single baby, so that is always good news. Let's just pray it continues on that way. I took the glucose test for gestational diabetes last week, and so far haven't heard anything back. So I am hoping that no news is good news on that end! McKenna and Jacob are both doing great in school as usual. Jacob's Pre-K teacher has been testing him on 1st grade levels, so I am not sure exactly what we're going to do with him next year when he is only in Kindergarten. Dang those smart genes! :) That boy knows WAAAAY too much for his own good. It is science fair time for McKenna, so we all know what that means; science fair time for Mom and Dad. I put Dad in charge of it--he is the science guy. Wish us luck! Kaitlyn and Joseph are, well, Kaitlyn and Joseph. Boy do they keep me on my toes during the day. Joseph decided to jump into the terrible two's early and boy can he be a pill when he wants to be! But they are both so loveable and growing so fast. I must be the worst mother in the world--I took them both to the Stride Rite outlet on Saturday for new shoes and they both measured 2 1/2 sizes bigger than what they were wearing. I can't keep up with the shoe situation around here! Let's get back to summer so I can go back to buying flip-flops!
Now that I am 28 weeks, my doctor doesn't want me to travel more than 2 hours away. I think it might have something to do with the speed at which I deliver babies--just a thought. Anyway, Mark decided to take me on one last little trip a couple of weeks ago. We drove down to Jacksonville and spent the day at the zoo. It was perfect weather, and only started to rain right when we were ready to go so that worked out perfectly. Then for dinner, we ordered Cheesecake Factory and took it to go. It is the closest one to us so we had to take advantage of being down there. Boy was it tasty.
Anyway, I thought I would add a few pictures of the past month. And I don't want to fail to mention my trip to Utah for Dad's 80th birthday. I had such a great time and enjoyed seeing all of my family and so many old friends that I hadn't seen in years. Plus, it was the first time I have ever taken a trip without a child since I have been married. That's almost 9 years people! I missed them tremendously, but didn't miss the work! Thanks Mark for missing some classes to take care of them!




3 comments:
So cute pictures! It's great to hear that you are doing fine, and all your kids are growing like weeds. Fantastic. I still can't believe you're having TWINS! That will be amazing, are you excited? Nervous? Your family is so cute, are the kids excited about new little siblings? Can't wait to hear how everything goes.
Looks like y'all are still up to the crazy shananagans (spelling on the word is prob way off). I still think the current youngest has the most rockin awesome hair styles.
Oh and I should be in GA around May 6th -20th if all goes well..
-gawdun
Too flippin' cute!!!! I can't believe how big Joseph and Jacob are. I especially love how Joe has his hand in a cup with what we can all assume is an Oreo in milk. He would fit in well at our house! Miss and love you tons! Take care of those kiddos for me, I can't wait to kiss their cheeks off.
Post a Comment