Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dance




Well after much financial consideration, Mark and I decided to enroll McKenna and Kaitlyn in a dance class. I did it without McKenna knowing, and when she found out, she was mortified. But after we got her shoes and leotards and what not, she starting getting really excited. Yesterday was McKenna's first dance class. She is learning jazz, tap and ballet. She was nervous when we first got there, but easily settled in once they got started. I wasn't able to get any pictures of her in the dance studio, but we took these few before she left. Now I am not one to live vicariously through my children, but I really hope she likes dance. It was something I always wanted to do, but didn't get to. After lesson #1, she seems to love it. She told me she wasn't going to quit until she got a trophy! But if it comes down to she's not having any fun, we will quit and try something new. I think it is so important that children find something they love and are good at. It gives them a confidence that nothing else can. So I will work until each of my kids find that for themselves! Kaitlyn's first class is on saturday. Oh boy......!

2 comments:

Shawn and Mish said...

That's so fun! I have been debating whether or not to get Grant or Nora into something, or wait another year or two.

I always wanted to dance too!

Jon and Laura said...

Love the pics! And I can't wait to hear about Katy's class. I think it is good they are going to do something. I think we will definitely be putting Luke in football, seriously, he's big enough. And hey, he can go pro and then we can retire. WooHoo!