It's way too late tonight to try and sum up the happenings during my blogging hiatus, but here is a rundown of the last week or so. Mark made it home from Portugal for a 2 weeek visit. We sure were so happy to see him! He is finally done with his Master's degree and will officially graduate from Georgia Tech in December. Congrats babe--you're the best. I love you and am so proud of you!!! So the school work is done, and the 2 weeks he was home was vacation from his job, so we got to enjoy all that time with him, (minus the Bishop stuff he had to do). As a graduation gift from his parents, Mark was given his mom's piano! He absolutely loves to play and we have been piano-less ever since we left BYU. (That's a whole different story for a different day!) So needless to say, he is ecstatic to finally be able to have music in our home again. Thanks Mark and Susan for the fantastic, heart-felt gift!
But all good things must come to an end, and Portugal was calling. So Mark left yesterday for his final stint there and we sure were sad to see him go. But life is keeping us busy as always. We survived the first day of school today! 3 of my kids at school, 3 at home with me. I wasn't quite ready for summer vacation to come to such an abrupt end, but you just have to jump in head-first I guess. McKenna and Jacob will both be starting piano lessons next week, and soccer the week after that. I hope I can stay sane!
Joseph was thrilled today when I told him it was just going to be he and the babies at home. He yelled "yeah" at the top of his lungs! And we did have a lot of fun today! That sure does beat the few days before Mark got home when I spent the night in the hospital with him for dehydration.:(
(Joseph's eye was the first casualty of the piano bench)
And the babies have been getting HUGE! They have both tripled their birth weights and are doing great. At 5 months Janie weighed over 13 pounds and Harrison over 15. I can't remember the exact number at the moment, but one thing is for sure....you would never guess that they were preemies!
It's been a great few weeks and we have been so blessed as a family. Especially by those who have helped out while Mark is gone doing such simple things as mowing the grass and taking out the garbage, or just calling to check on us. Thanks!!!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Just a few things.......
Posted by Mark and Julia at 11:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Jules, I don't think I've ever seen two kids more excited for their first day of school. Jacob and Kaitlyn that is. They look like they might have burst if they had to wait a day longer! Hopefully McKenna will have a better year and catch the fever soon... Love you!
Yeah! I am so glad you had him around for a bit. And I must say I love that piano and might just have to sneak down and tickle those keys a bit :)
Julia,
It was great to read the blog! Awesome pictures of the kids! They look so good! I miss you guys but will see you soon. Also, in case anyone wants to know about why we were pianoless since BYU they will have to ask Julia why she wouldn't bring the piano we had! Love you Jules!
Mark
Jules,
I almost forgot....I owe you a song when I return! Talk to you later!
Mark
the babies are SOOO big! even from last month they look so much bigger! Love all the pics and info. Glad you made it through August (not that I doubted you) Let's chat soon! Love ya!LuLu
O my....I cannot believe how big those babies are!!! I do miss seeing you all!!! Please tell all the kids that I said hello!!! Email me or something when you get the chance or read my blog!!! Take care, love ya, bye!!!
Post a Comment