I went to the Madrid Spain Temple last weekend and had a great time. My plane was two hours late but everything went well. I talked to some people in Spanish in the airport in Porto while we were waiting for the plane and they showed me how to get around the city and where to go. I ended up taking a taxi with them at 2:00-2:30 in the morning to a bus stop since the metro was not running when we got there to help save on costs. Then I waited on the bus for about 15-20 minutes and took it into the heart of the city. Then I walked two blocks until I found a hotel for the night. What was amazing was the number of people out at 3:30am. You could have told me it was 7:00-8:00 at night and I would have believed you. I should have taken a picture of it. Well, I finally got to bed at 4:30-5:00 am and slept until 11:00 that morning. Then I took a taxi to the temple and snapped some pictures on the way. Madrid has some awesome looking buildings and a lot of places I would like to go back and see. The temple was great and the Celestial Room was one of the most beautiful celestial rooms I have ever seen. I also talked to a few people inside the temple including the temple president and am looking forward to going back in a few months. Well, that's all for now. Mark
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Quick Trip To Madrid
Posted by Mark and Julia at 7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I LOVE the pictures. The architecture is beautiful and so is the Temple. I am so glad you had a great time and were able to go!!! Love you!
That's awesome. I bet it was nice to relax in a familiar place for a few hours.
That looks like fun! What a beautiful place!
I enjoy these side bar journey entries that are added to this blog. Great pictures!
Post a Comment