Well I was wrong about February....we are still sick. McKenna had the flu last week and Kaitlyn has it now. Fortunately it was pretty mild and the worst symptom was a fever. Kaitlyn is getting over it, so we will keep our fingers crossed for better health! I actually have to be grateful for the flu this time. We were supposed to go to a PTA program put on by the first graders on Thursday at 6:00. Because McKenna was sick, we obviously didn't go. Well as everyone was leaving that meeting that night, they saw the sugar factory explosion. I am so glad we were not there to witness that, especially with our young kids. The factory is directly across the street from McKenna's school, but it sits pretty far back from the road so the school was in no danger. They did have to cancel school on Friday because they were still trying to get the fire under control and the whole area was blocked off. Crazy stuff!
I thought I would add a few pictures of my kids. I think they were all taken outside. We have had the most beautiful weather lately and have been opening all the windows and doors in the house to let the fresh air in. I am really looking forward to spring and summer so we can go to the beach and the swimming pool here in our community. Our kids love being outside!
I will leave everyone with an FYI just in case you aren't in the loop. Mark got accepted to Georgia Tech and started in January working on his PhD in Electrical Engineering. I am so proud of him for getting into the #7 engineering school in the country! He will have his Masters next summer, and it will take another 3 years after that to finish his PhD. He works so hard as an employee, a student, Elder's Quorum Pres, a husband and a dad! I am so grateful for his hard work which allows me to stay home and be a mom and for the blessings that brings into our home. I have the best husband in the world, just don't tell him or he might get an even bigger head! :)






1 comments:
Cute pics, I love them! Where is all of the snow? It's no fair that we are stuck in our homes and your kids are playing outside. you lucky duckies!
Laura
Post a Comment