Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Janie and Harrison

I can't believe how quickly my babies went from this.........


to this.............

They have gotten so big so quickly I can hardly believe it. Those two little rascals were only just over four pounds at birth and barely that when I brought them home. One year later and wow! You would never know they were preemies. At their 12 month check up, Janie weighed 18lbs 12 oz and 30 inches. Harrison was 20lbs 12 oz and 29 1/4 inches long. We celebrated their birthday in Charleston and made a nice long weekend of it. It was a much-needed break for us as a family, and a blast for the kids at the birthday party. The babies were so entertaining eating their cake. They each had a birthday cupcake and Janie devoured hers and even tried to eat the candle and paper. Harrison was only interested in the icing and eventually started eating the plate. Janie was given Harrison's cupcake after he was done and she ate that one too. That's my girl! We had to bathe them before we commenced with the presents. They were actually completely uninterested in the presents, and the other kids opened them all. We had such a fun time. I didn't want to post a million pictures, so I made a video of them. Hope you enjoy!



4 comments:

Middletonfamily said...

Love it! I can't believe they are 1!

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed the blog Jules. The pictures are great! Thanks for putting them up. I cannot believe it has already been a year since they were born. Time is flying. I love you!
Mark

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Janie makes me proud! What a woman! I can't believe how big she and Harrison have gotten either. Have you been sneaking miracle gro in their bottles?

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

That went so fast! I can't believe their one!