Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy #8

May 4th was McKenna's 8th birthday. She was lucky enough to have both sets of grandparents here to celebrate it with her. Scooby-Doo was the theme for the second year in a row. She chose to have tacos for dinner, and wanted a Scooby-Doo cake. Mom and I sure had some MAJOR stress with that cake. Nothing, I mean nothing, turned out right on that cake. But mom improvised and I thought it turned out great! McKenna loved it, so that was all that really mattered. I can't believe she is 8, but at the same time, it seems like she has been in our lives forever. She is such a great helper and does whatever I ask her to. She is at the top of her class at school. McKenna has such a tender heart and cares for everything and everyone around her. She is a phenomenal big sister and can always get Joseph to calm down when Mark and I can't. Put McKenna in a crowd and she is silent as a mouse, but get her home and you can't get her to stop talking! She always asks questions and wants to know more. Learning comes natural for her. She loves to be outside and can swing a wicked bat. (I have got to get her enrolled in softball this fall). I must admit, she was an awful baby! But she has turned into a wonderful little lady and I love her more and more every day. Happy Birthday McKenna. We love you!!!

6 comments:

Cindy Staley said...

Happy Birthday McKenna! Wow, I can't believe she is 8... you were right, Isaac is going to be 8 in July as well. We are SO old! (lol) what a fun day!

Jon and Laura said...

You are an old lady!!!! An 8 year old, wow! It seems like yesterday you were announcing you were pregnant with her, and I was thrilled. She is so beautiful and I can't wait to give her a squeeze really soon.
p.s. I think the cake is awesome! Way to go!

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

I was just thinking last night what a joy it is to have McKenna in our lives. She is such an amazing girl! I've always thought so... even when she used to scream for hours on end! Now she's just a little easier on the ears. It is so exciting to watch her change and grow. I can't wait to see where she takes life (b/c you KNOW it won't be taking her)! Love you, McKenna Leigh!

Gawdun said...

So for some reason I thought she was already 8 when I was a serving in your ward. Either way Happy Birth Day McKenna!

Shawn and Mish said...

She is so beautiful! I just can't get over how grown up she is. Happy Birthday Kenna!

Middletonfamily said...

What a cutie! I was looking through the pictures and I was thinking about how much she looks like her mom. Not at first glance but with a second glance I just see Julia in her!

Nathan has a asked for a Scooby Doo cake this year too! He and Addie both love the Scooby books.

The babies still seem so little. You guys have your hands full! I am totally impressed!
Love you guys!