We have been lucky enough to still have some nice warm weather in October. It has cooled down quite a bit, but it is still nice enough to be outside. So October has found us doing a lot of outdoor activities. We are half way through Jacob's soccer season. He has 2 games left. He loves playing soccer and is best at defense. He will not let a ball get past him, and if it does, he thinks the world is coming to an end. But we have had a blast watching him play.





Last Friday we all went to Ridgeland to help Zach work on his final project for his Eagle. He decided to build an outdoor sand volleyball court at the church. He had a great turnout to help him and my kids had a blast climbing on the huge piles of sand and spreading them out. I had about 5 pounds of sand in my car after that, but it was fun. Zach had one of the ward members grill hamburgers and hotdogs for everyone, so we got fed for our efforts. Can't beat that! I was the photographer, so manual labor was not part of my contract!

And then last Saturday, Mark's brother Ryan and his family came down from Columbia and we had a crab boil. I love eating crab, but when you eat them this way, you sure have to work for the meat. But I do know how to shell a crab, and that's not your everyday know-how right there! Unfortunately, my doctor told me to eat crab sparingly so I only had 2, and I knew the sausage would give me heartburn, so I had a hamburger. But we had fun even though it was chilly. Mark made a fire to keep us warm and keep the gnats away and Susan made us some hot chocolate. All-in-all a great time. I just wish I could have eaten more!!!



4 comments:
Awesome pictures! Jacob is such a cute little soccer player. I could just imagine how he reacts when the ball gets past him.... hehehe.
Hope you're doing well. I'll try to give you a call soon-- when I stop being the temporary mother of 5! :) Love you!
I don't know what the south has done to you, but seriously, looking at all of those crabs makes me want to vommit. Anyway, super cute pictures. I really want to come out there. I am looking at dates that will be good. Pull out the sofa bed, it will probably be me and Luke again (if you can handle it) :)
SOCCER! One more year and we can sign up Nathan. Jay and I decided early that we were going to have all our kids in soccer just so we can tire them out. Looks like you are having fun out there. I have to agree with Laura on the crabs!
Hello Miss Julia,
It was fun to hear from you! It looks like you are doing well and congrats on the twins. I'll be checking back...
amie
Post a Comment