Sunday, January 27, 2008

Goodbye

Today was Stake Conference here in Savannah. But instead of just our stake, it was our entire region including all of Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. The conference was broadcast live from Salt Lake City where we were fortunate enough to hear from Elder Glenn Pace, Sister Mary N. Cook, Elder Dallin H. Oaks and President Thomas S. Monson. It was a fantastic meeting. The funny thing was that I talked to several people after the meeting who commented on how different President Monson was this time and I agreed. We couldn't put our finger on it, but something was different. As Mark and I drove home, we talked about this and he mentioned to me that he saw for the first time that President Monson looked like the prophet today. So you can imagine my surprise when my parents called us this evening to say that President Hinckley had passed away.

As much as I was saddened to hear of President Hinckleys death, I couldn't help but smile as I thought of the reunion he must be having with his much missed wife! I was thinking of how excited he must be to finally see her again. Thinking of that made me realize how grateful I am to know that there is a life after this and we can all be reunited with our loved ones again.

I loved President Hinckley. I so looked forward to hearing him speak each General Conference. I enjoyed his sense of humor but also his ability to tell us all what the Lord needed us to be doing, but in such a loving manner. What an amazing, long life he lead. He was a great example to me. I will miss him!

2 comments:

Jon and Laura said...

Awesome entry Jules, I love it.
Lars

Unknown said...

So sad, huh? Oh, good news, too. Brandy is getting baptized Valentine's Day Weekend.

And hooray for having a blog!